You already have some slacklining skills that you can demonstrate and want to coach slackliners in a commercial environment. This course will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to run a community active and healthy slacklining program. You can use the Slackline Australia network to run routine sessions to earn a living or simply fund your next slackline expedition.
Explain how the balance system works; Identify Hazards; Select Appropriate Sites; Maintain Industry Standards; Routinely Inspect Equipment; Recognise unsafe practices; Demonstrate Correct Spilling and Spotting Techniques; Apply General Coaching Principals; Facilitate Groups; Minimise environmental impact; Market & Promote Programs; Apply Sports Law; Efficiently Record & Report to promote Slacklining and minimise liability and maximise earnings.
The Slackline Australia Coaching Program assesses through observation, questioning, portfolio, project and presentation including:
• Commercial Environment, OH&S, Risk Assessments, Codes of Conduct, Industry standards.
• Site Selection, Hazard ID & Briefing, Spilling & Spotting Techniques, Correct Mounts, Balanced Walking, Simple postures
• Aspects of Balance, Professional Slackline Australia Network, Best Practices
• General Guiding Skills & Principals, Professionalising your Practice, Duty of Care, Recording & Reporting.
• Using best practice, knowledge of sports law, General Coaching Principals, Group Facilitation, provide services within funded frameworks.
Typically it takes 25hrs afterwards to produce your Slackline Australia Professional Practices Profile & complete your project. The Slackline Australia Trainer and Assessor will monitor and support the development your professional practice during your first year of registration.
"To book your Coaching course:-
3) Make payment of $650 after submitting your application kit either by
a) sending a cheque payable to Slackline Australia to PO Box 1070 Burleigh Heads Qld 4220
b) Direct Deposit into Slackline Australia's Suncorp Bank Account- BSB 484 799 Account 05380 3430- with your surname as a reference
c) Pay at the online shop with your credit card or Paypal account (click here)
Subscribe to Slackline Australia Newsletter