Once you can competently demonstrate basic slacklining skills, doing the Slackine Australia Guide Program is your first step to become a registered professional provider of slacklining sessions. It will give you the fundamentals required for being a Slackline Australia Coach to train competitors or go on to work as a Slackline Australia Instructor or Therapist.
Explain how the balance system works; Identify Hazards; Select Appropriate sites; Follow Industry Standards; Routinely Inspect Equipment; Recognise unsafe practices; Demonstrate Correct Spilling and Spotting Techniques; Efficiently Record & Report to promote Slacklining and minimise liability.
The Slackline Australia Guiding Program assesses through observation, questioning, presentation and a portfolio including:
• Commercial Environment, OH&S, Risk Assessments, Codes of Conduct, Industry standards.
• Site Selection, Hazard ID & Briefing, Spilling & Spotting Techniques, Correct Mounts, Balanced Walking, Simple postures
• Aspects of Balance, Professional Slackline Australia Network, Best Practices
• General Guiding Skills & Principals, Professionalising your Practice, Duty of Care, Recording & Reporting.
Typically it takes 10hrs afterwards to produce your Slackline Australia Professional Practices Profile.
"To book your Slackline Australia Guide course:-
3) Make payment of $450 after submitting your application kit either by
a) sending a cheque payable to Slackline Australia to PO Box 1070 Burleigh Heads Qld 4220
b) Direct Deposit into Slackline Australia's Suncorp Bank Account- BSB 484 799 Account 05380 3430- with your surname as a reference
c) Pay at the online shop with your credit card or Paypal account (click here)
Subscribe to Slackline Australia Newsletter