Slackline can be challenging at first and it takes high degree of relaxed focus. Learning in a group can enhance the experience! Bringing people together to support, learn and grow. Private or group lessons are available with Joshee and prices are open to variation depending on location and number of participants.
Who's the workshop for: All Ages
What's covered in the workshop: Slackline is the physical tool for slowing down and tuning into oneself, making it excellent to have at events, private functions, festivals, birthdays, christmas parties etc. Joshee Mannix is mobile and with the right opportunity, willing to travel for festivals and events.
One on one instruction is a good way to accelerate learning on the slackline with complete focus and minimal distraction. Balance Mastery is a mobile business so with enough notice i can come to you. Prices start at $60 an hour for private one on one instruction and can vary depending on location.
When: Negotiate the best time to suit your schedule.
Duration: 1-2 hrs
Next possibility if you can’t make it: N/A
Where: Byron Bay, NSW
How to book & prepare:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
Requests / Expectations / Personal Goals:
You can have a 1-on-1 session or invite up to 14 friends or family members join you. (NB: smaller group sizes are recommended if participants are under the age of 9 or have an impairment- please feel free to discuss any specifics with your instructor).
Centre of Balance: Balance Mastery
Instructor: Joshee Mannix
-Slackline Australia Instructor Development course [August 2008]
-Slackline Australia Instructor (Level 2) [Trained June 2011]
Star Rating: not rated
"Joshee was awesome and got me taking my first steps.." Anon
"I'm grateful for how much FUN my guests had on the slackline. To get up there and give it a go..." Anon
"My name is Rick Cowley and I run SURF LIFE Retreats in Bali.
These retreats are a bit of surfing, a bit of yoga and a lot of fulfilment through discovering your purpose and dreams. It's a life-changing inner and outer adventure.
I met Joshee Mannix a few times in Byron Bay and he expressed a keen desire to participant and contribute to the SURF LIFE Retreats. I was inspired by his desire.
Shortly thereafter he attended one retreat as a participant, then I hired him to teach his '8 Steps To Achieving Balance program' on the next retreat.
Here are a few things that impressed me about Josh.
Keeping in mind that we spent a lot of time together over these two weeks, I'd say we got to know each other well.
- I'm grateful for how much FUN my guests had on the slackline. To get up there and give it a go, and fall, and get back up, and take one step, and fall, and repeat and repeat, it's a bit of work, but it's work that makes you SMILE. (One of the many slacklining lessons.)
- I'm grateful for the progress that my guests made on the slackline. Josh left the line up, and we did a short lesson with him most days, and then each of us practiced a few times a day whenever we felt like it, and made steady PROGRESS. That felt GOOD.
- I'm grateful for Josh's PRESENCE at my retreats. He's not a normal person, he's got a unique force. He has no ego, he'll go and start talking to anyone like they're a new friend. It's a little hard to put your finger on exactly what Josh has got. He was a positive influence on my guests. He knows when to listen, he knows when to talk. He's good at making space for others to discover for themselves and to grow.
- I'm grateful for Josh's PASSION for slacklining and balance. It's so much fun to see him get all inspired and hop up on the line, music cranking, he's bouncing all over the place, PLAYING on it. It's INSPIRING to watch him, and see what is possible.
- I'm grateful for Josh's desire to grow. He faces new challenges with confidence and commitment.
- Probably most importantly, I'm grateful for his friendship. As I said, we spent a lot of time together on these two journeys... and we forged a totally open, supportive, loving friendship. Yeah, that's what I'm most grateful for.
Josh is going to have an impact on this world.
As my SURF LIFE Retreats grow I look forward to inviting Josh back to Bali and who knows where else... See you soon bro."
-Rick Cowley of SURF LIFE
Personal Message from the Instructor:
Hi Im Joshee Mannix! Slackline changed my Life! The simple feeling of balancing your being completely, on a slackline suspended between two trees! Its like learning how to walk again, except you have been walking your whole life right? So its easy :)
Through breathing and meditation on the slackline, my ability to handle and maintain a steady flow through the ups and downs of life has strengthened and I've been lucky enough to start a business teaching what i love and sharing this amazing feeling that grows and grows!
Meditation and stillness of the mind has been a big part of this journey! In the past, surfing, sk8ing and all things related to balance have been my way of slowing down my mind and opening up my awareness, alot of the time without even realising it!
Some people think slacklining is an adrenalin sport, its not. Yes there is adrenalin that comes with it for sure! But its about finding stillness amongst that rush of energy, endorphins, elevated heart rate whatever you call it, the feeling of excitement that challenges your awareness creating a response rather than a conscious movement.
When I found the slackline my thoughts and feelings towards that awareness changed incredibly! Slackline is a chosen awareness. To step onto the line and choose to still the mind, is the most empowering and amazing feeling I have found! To move and think and feel your way consciously along the line instead of simply reacting!
Kind of similar to living life right? :)